Time is indeed a great blessing from Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala, rolling diligently along its own set pattern and speed. It waits for no one and passes us quickly. Time will come and go, as Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala has decreed, but what remains written in time is how each person utilized that time. The beginning of each New Year makes the one gone by, the past. At the same time the coming New Year brings with it new opportunities and the motivation to start afresh.
This upcoming Muharram is a great blessing; it is a chance to reflect upon our former years and to plan on how to lead better and more purposeful lives for the future. Let us make the most of this great blessing and enhance our lives by engaging in beneficial activities and righteous deeds. We can now hope to turn transient seconds into definite opportunities for securing reward in our favor, striving to make eternal success our destiny and saving ourselves from eternal ruin.
Junaid Baghdadi said:
“Assess each moment of life by evaluating how close you have come to Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala, how far you have distanced yourself from Shaytan, how close you have come to Jannah and how far you have moved away from Jahannam.”
Begin the New Year with a fresh resolution and a pristine motivation. Gear up for it physically and mentally, making a resolve to:
- Strengthen your relationship with Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala.
- Return to your worships with renewed enthusiasm and diligence.
- Improve upon serving your parents well and giving relatives their rights.
- Refocus on the moral upbringing of your family and children.
- Plan further learning and self-development.
- Seek to participate in social works for the benefit of those less fortunate than yourselves in the society.