– The matter of making something halal and haram exclusively belongs to Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala.
– The food [Ta’am] of the Jews and Christians is lawful for the Muslims. We cannot go to a Hindu and “assume” that the butcher was a Christian, a Jew or a Muslim and eat the meat. The food will be unlawful if it has been slaughtered by an atheist, Buddhist, a Hindu or whoever. Only the food of Yahood and Nasara is permissible provided that the food in itself meets the conditions of halal food i.e we cannot eat pork or drink wine stating it was served by the People of the Book.
– There’s no harm in offering our food to the People of the Book.
– There’s no harm for “Muslim men” to marry “chaste” women from the People of the Book. Sisters, should remember that this permission is only for the men and not the women of Islam because a man is the head or leader of the family.
– When marrying the women from People of the Book same conditions will apply as in a regular Muslim marriage. This means that the woman will be paid mahr and the nikkah will be publicized. She will be given respect in Islam and not treated as a girl friend for sexual pleasure without a nikkah.
– A person who claims to be a believer but opposes what Allah has termed halal and haram, his actions are not acceptable. Such a person is going to waste his good deeds.