The Polytheism and Disbelief of the Christians
لَّقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَآلُواْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ قُلْ فَمَن يَمْلِكُ مِنَ اللَّهِ شَيْئاً إِنْ أَرَادَ أَن يُهْلِكَ الْمَسِيحَ ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ وَأُمَّهُ وَمَن فِى الاٌّرْضِ جَمِيعاً
“Surely, in disbelief are they who say that Allah is the Messiah, son of Maryam. Say: ‘Who then has the least power against Allah, if He were to destroy the Messiah, son of Maryam, his mother, and all those who are on the earth together’”
Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala states that the Christians are disbelievers because of their claim that Eesa, son of Maryam, one of Allah’s servants and creatures, is Allah. Allah is holier than what they attribute to Him. Allah then reminds them of His perfect ability over everything and that everything is under His complete control and power. If He wills to destroy Eesa aalyhi salaam and his mother, there would be no one to stop Him or prevent Him from doing it.
Therefore, it is wrong to say that Allah is Eesa.
Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala then said,
وَللَّهِ مُلْكُ السَّمَـوَتِ وَالاٌّرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَآءُ
“And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. He creates what He wills.”
All things in existence are Allah’s property and creation and He is able to do everything. He is never asked about what He does with His power, domain, justice and greatness so this refutes the Christian creed.
He creates whatever He wills. He can create someone without a father like Eesa aalyhi salaam. He can also create someone without either of the parent.
– The Jews and the Christians are not believers, they are committing kuffr. When a person disbelieves in even one Messenger or Scripture, their emaan is not accepted.
– Eesa aalyhi salaam is neither Allah, nor His son, anyone who claims this is committing kuffr. In Surah Ale-Imran ayah 51, Eesa aalyhi salaam says, “Indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is the straight path.”
– Eesa aalyhi salaam was a creation of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala and Allah had complete control over him. If Eesa aalyhi salaam was god, he could have defended himself. He was the servant of Allah.
– Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala wills whatever He creates. He created Adam aalyhi salaam and Hawa aalyhi salaam without parents and He created Eesa aalyhi salaam without a father.
– The khaliq [Creator] and makhlooq [creation] are entirely different. They have no similarities between one another.