Allah is the Only Lord Worthy of Worship
In ayah 3, Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala tells us that He is the Only One and Only Lord worthy of worship.
وَهُوَ اللَّهُ فِى السَّمَـوَتِ وَفِى الاٌّرْضِ
And He is Allah, in the heavens and the earth…
It is He Who is called Allah, throughout the heavens and the earth, that is, it is He who is worshipped, singled out, whose divinity is believed in by the inhabitants of the heavens and the earth. They call Him Allah, and they supplicate to Him in fear and hope, except those who disbelieve among the Jinns and mankind.
In Surah Zukhruf Ayah 48, Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala said;
وَهُوَ الَّذِى فِى السَّمآءِ إِلَـهٌ وَفِى الاٌّرْضِ إِلَـهٌ
“It is He Who is God in the heavens and the earth.” meaning, He is the God of those in heaven and those on earth. Allah is physically present at His Arsh [Throne] but His knowledge encompasses everywhere.
يَعْلَمُ سِرَّكُمْ وَجَهْرَكُمْ وَيَعْلَمُ مَا تَكْسِبُونَ
… He knows what you conceal and what you reveal, and He knows what you earn.
Si’r is that which one conceals. There are two types of Si’r; one where a person neither shares it with another person nor writes it down somewhere. It is in his heart, and is only known to him and Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala. The other type is where a person keeps a secret between himself and one more person. For example, there’s a secret between you and your mother.
Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala knows all our secrets, whether we keep it in our heart and not share it with any other human being or we trust one person and share our secret. Allah knows all our public and secret affairs, and all the good and bad deeds that we have performed and continue to perform.
– Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala is the Only One Who deserves worship. No matter where a person is he must worship Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala. There’s no excuse that because I’m in this non-Muslim country or in such and such situation I cannot worship Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala.
– Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala knows everything whether we hide it or publicize it. Therefore, we should be mindful of Him. if we know that someone knows our feelings, we feel conscious of him. Similarly, if there’s someone who is analyzing us, as if they are scanning us from top to bottom, we are mindful of such a person. When we know that Allah is watching us, shouldn’t we be conscious of Him?
– Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala is fully aware of the actions that we perform. He also knows with what intention we are performing our deeds. A person may be appearing too patient but he may be going through hardships internally. Similarly, a person may appear to be going through hardships however internally he’s only pretending. Therefore, we should remind ourselves that Allah knows our intentions.
– We can deceive people like us, but we cannot deceive Allah. He knows our reality; inside out. He is our Khaliq [Creator], therefore it is not the people that we should be fearful of but it is Allah that we should be conscious of.
- Tafseer Surah al-Anaam Ayah 1 (versebyversequranstudycircle.wordpress.com)
- Tafseer Surah al-Anaam Ayah 2 (versebyversequranstudycircle.wordpress.com)