The way to utilize a single opportunity to perform multiple acts of worship is only known to those who know how to manage their time.
Here are some examples:
- When you go to the Masjid, either walking or by car, this act of going is worship, in and of itself and you will be rewarded for this. But, it is also possible to utilize the same time in remembrance of Allah [thikr] or recitation of the Qur’an. Hence, a single opportunity has been utilized to perform multiple acts of worship.
- When going to a Waleemah that is free from evil acts, this attendance is an act of worship itself. But, it is possible to also utilize the time to call people to Allah or to engage in the remembrance of Allah [thikr]
- For a lady to remain at home and perform household chores is itself an act of worship, if she intends to get close to Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala by this. It is also possible for her to utilize this time with other acts of worship, like thikr or listening to an Islamic tape.
On the authority of Ibn ‘Umar radhiAllahu ‘anhu who said: While in a sitting with the Messenger of Allah salAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, we counted that he said,
Ponder on how the Prophet salAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam took a single opportunity to perform two acts of worship:
- The remembrance of Allah and seeking of His forgiveness and
- Sitting with the Companions radhiAllahu ‘anhu and teaching them the dictates of their religion.